Beef and Roasted Pepper Roll Ups
- 8 ounces beef tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and ground black pepper
- Olive oil (for brushing and drizzling)
- 3 to 4 large (red or green) bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 4 pieces (12 inches each) flour tortillas, warmed
- ½ cup sour cream
- lettuce leaves, torn to bite-size pieces
- 2/3 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- Sandwich beef between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound with a kitchen mallet until about ¼ to ½-inch thick. Cut into strips, about 1-½-inches by 3 inches. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with lemon juice and toss to combine. Marinate for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly brush a rimmed baking pan with olive oil. Set aside.
- Brush bell pepper halves with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place into prepared baking pan and roast in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender. Alternately, roast peppers on a grill. Allow to cool until peppers can be handled. Peel skin and julienne. Set aside.
- Place beef with marinade into a skillet. Stir fry over high heat until exteriors are seared. Reduce heat to medium-low and add honey and mustard. Continue tossing until beef strips are coated. Season with more salt and ground pepper, if needed. Remove from heat.
- Warm flour tortillas in an oven or microwave. Lay a piece of tortilla on a plate or work surface. Spread with sour cream and top with torn lettuce leaves. Spoon ¼ of the cooked beef over lettuce layer and spread evenly. Top with julienned bell peppers. Sprinkle with ¼ of the cheese and roll up. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.
- Arrange roll ups onto a lightly buttered baking pan. (You can use the same pan where the peppers were roasted.) Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes or until heated through and cheese has melted. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- If desired, diagonally slice each roll up into two portions and arrange on serving platter. Serve warm.
- You can make a dip for roll ups by whisking together sour cream, warmed honey and a little bit of prepared mustard sprinkled with snipped chives. Mix well until blended.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of October 22, 2016 7:56 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: appetizer • appetizer recipes • appetizers • appetizers and snacks • beef • Beef and Roasted Pepper Roll Ups • Beef and Roasted Pepper Roll Ups Recipe • Recipes • roll ups • roll ups recipes • Snack • snack recipes • snacks
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!