Beef and Mushroom Crostini
- 5 pieces whole ciabatta loaves
- 2 to 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons red onion, minced
- 1-½ cups lean beef, ground
- 1 pound assorted mushrooms such as oyster, crimini, shiitake (stems removed), portobello or chanterelle, sliced into bite-size pieces or smaller
- ¼ cup cooking sherry or red wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh marjoram, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Split each ciabatta horizontally in half. Cut each half into 3, making a total of 6 slices per ciabatta loaf. Brush with olive oil and arrange on ungreased cookie or baking sheets. Bake for 5 minutes or until just crispy but not too browned. Remove cookie sheet from the oven and set aside.
- Heat about 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Sauté garlic in oil until fragrant and lightly browned. Add onion and continue stirring for another 2 to 3 minutes or until translucent. Stir in ground beef. Cook, with occasional stirring, for another 3 to 5 minutes or until browned. Add mushrooms and stir fry for 3 minutes or until mushrooms are just tender. Add sherry or red wine, herbs, salt and pepper. Increase heat to medium-high and cook for 2 minutes more or until most of the liquid are absorbed.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in sesame seeds. Immediately spoon hot beef-mushroom mixture over toasted ciabatta pieces. Serve warm.
- Using canned mushrooms, drain well. If desired, sprinkle each finished crostini with shredded cheese and chopped parsley. Bake for 3 to 5 minutes at 400°F and serve hot.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
The Mother Tongue: English and How it Got that Way
With dazzling wit and astonishing insight, Bill Bryson—the acclaimed author of The Lost Continent—brilliantly explores the remarkable history, eccentricities, resilience a... read more →
Prices are accurate as of December 3, 2016 10:20 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: appetizer • appetizer recipes • appetizers • appetizers and snacks • beef • Beef and Mushroom Crostini • Cook • crostini • crostini recipes • Food • Fruit and Vegetable • Home • meat • Mushroom • Recipes • Snack • snack recipes • snacks
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!