Bean Dip Recipe
- 1 cup dried white beans
- One bay leaf
- ¼ cup reserved cooking water
- 1 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes (or to taste)
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Place beans in a lidded pot and cover with water. Add bay leaf and a little salt. Cover and boil for 1 hour. Turn off heat and remove bay leaf. Leave beans to soak in cooking water overnight.
- The next day, continue cooking beans for another hour or so, until tender. You should be able to squeeze a bean between your fingers without difficulty. Drain cooking water, reserving only the amount needed in the recipe.
- Transfer drained beans and reserved cooking water in a food processor. Pulse until pureed. Add garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and red chili flakes. Process of 1 to 2 minute to blend well. Add 3 tablespoons basil, 2 tablespoons sage and 1-½ tablespoons mint leaves into the mixture. Process until herbs and fully incorporated into the dip, scraping sides of food processor as needed.
- Spoon dip in a bowl and stir in remaining herbs. Serve with your choice of cooked vegetable, bread or meat slices.
- If cooked canned beans are available in your area, you may use that as substitute to avoid the long cooking time for the beans. However, canned beans tend to be sweeter. Necessary adjustment of salt content is required.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of January 24, 2017 4:22 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: appetizer • appetizer recipes • appetizers • appetizers and snacks • bean • bean dip • Bean Dip Recipe • bean recipes • beans • dip • dip recipes • dips • Recipe • Recipes • Sauces Dips Gravies and Toppings • Snack • snack recipes • snacks
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!