BBQ Chicken and Bacon Pinwheels
- 3 large (about 2.5 ounces each) whole chicken breasts, deboned and skin removed
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup tomato ketchup
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 package (1 pound) smoked bacon (pork or turkey)
- 1 to 1-½ cups Monterey Jack, coarsely grated
- Cut each chicken breast into halves. Cut each half-breast lengthwise into 4 strips.
- Whisk together lemon juice, tomato ketchup, olive oil, garlic, sage, thyme, salt and pepper. Marinade chicken strips in this mixture for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- Once chicken strips are ready, remove from marinade using a slotted spoon. Brush off any pieces of herb or spice sticking onto the meat and return to the container. Save marinade for basting.
- Lay a strip of chicken on a clean work surface. Place a slice or two of bacon over chicken strip, trimming to fit. Sprinkle with cheese. Roll up and secure with a toothpick soaked in water. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Grill pinwheels on one side over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes, occasionally basting with marinade or until chicken are half-done. Turn pinwheels over and continue grilling and basting for another 3 minutes. Chicken should be nicely browned. Serve hot or warm.
- Make this recipe more mouthwatering by serving pinwheels with a simple sauce. Mix together ¼ cup soy sauce, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 tablespoon chopped onion and 1 tablespoon chopped and seeded red chili. Pour into dipping bowls and serve with warm pinwheels.
- Alternately, combine together shredded barbecued chicken thighs (do not include skin), chopped cooked bacon, sour cream, chopped onions and flavorful dried herbs and spices. Spread over toasted white bread triangles and serve.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
The Mother Tongue: English and How it Got that Way
With dazzling wit and astonishing insight, Bill Bryson—the acclaimed author of The Lost Continent—brilliantly explores the remarkable history, eccentricities, resilience a... read more →
Prices are accurate as of December 3, 2016 10:20 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: appetizer • appetizer recipes • appetizers • appetizers and snacks • bacon • bacon pinwheels • Barbecue • BBQ • BBQ Chicken and Bacon Pinwheels • BBQ Chicken and Bacon Pinwheels Recipe • BBQ Recipes • Chicken • chicken appetizers • chicken recipes • pinwheel • pinwheel recipes • pinwheels • Recipes • Snack • snack recipes • snacks
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!