Basil Cream Cheese Bruschetta
- 12 slices (each about ½-inch thick) rye bread
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1-½ cups ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- ½ cup pitted olives, chopped
- ¼ cup green onions, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- Spread one side of each baguette slice with butter. Arrange on an ungreased cookie sheet and toast on a preheated 350°F oven until lightly browned. Remove cookie sheet. Leave oven on.
- Combine together tomatoes, onions, and olives. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Chill until needed.
- Combine together cream cheese and basil. Spread over buttered side of toast. Return to cookie sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese just begins to melt. Remove cookie sheet from oven and spoon vegetable mixture on top of cream cheese layer. Serve immediately.
- You can also place the vegetable mixture in a bowl and set over a large serving platter paired with a serving spoon. Arrange toasted baguette slices with cream cheese topping around bowl. Serve.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
The Mother Tongue: English and How it Got that Way
With dazzling wit and astonishing insight, Bill Bryson—the acclaimed author of The Lost Continent—brilliantly explores the remarkable history, eccentricities, resilience a... read more →
Prices are accurate as of December 3, 2016 10:20 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: appetizer • appetizer recipes • appetizers • appetizers and snacks • Basil Cream Cheese Bruschetta • basil cream cheese bruschetta recipe • bruschetta • bruschetta bread • bruschetta recipes • Recipes • Snack • snack recipes • snacks
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!