Basic Smoothie Recipe
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup whole milk, well-chilled
- 2 large bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup ice cream, softened
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon or orange juice
- Combine yogurt, milk, bananas, ice cream and lemon or orange juice in a blender. Process for 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth and well-blended. Pour smoothie in glasses and garnish as desired. Serve immediately.
- Makes 2 to 4 servings.
- You can use any plain type of ice cream, such as strawberry, mango, etc. However, you may also add mini chocolate chips, chopped nuts, crumbled cereals, rice crispies, or mini marshmallows to make the smoothie more exciting and textured.
- You may also add bits of fruit or candied fruit, crumbled vanilla or chocolate wafers, chopped candied ginger, etc. if preferred.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of October 26, 2016 8:17 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: Basic Smoothie • Basic Smoothie Recipe • Beverage • beverage recipes • Beverages • drink • drink recipes • drinks • fruit smoothie recipes • fruit smoothies • Recipe • Recipes • smoothie • smoothie recipes • smoothies
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!