Banana Yogurt Cake
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon banana essence
- 2-2/3 cups all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup Greek-style yoghurt
- 1-½ cups overripe bananas, mashed
- 2/3 cup cashew nuts, lightly toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
- ½ cup Greek-style yoghurt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Light cream (as needed)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 12-cup Bundt pan and lightly dust with flour. Tap out any excess. Set aside.
- Cream butter until smooth and creamy. Beat in light brown sugar until mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, vanilla and banana essence, beating well after adding each ingredient.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Alternately beat into creamed mixture with yogurt, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients. Mix until just blended. Do not overmix. Fold in mashed bananas and chopped cashew nuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and smoothen top. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until tester inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool cake in pan for 10 to 15 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Chill cake, if desired.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Beat in confectioners’ sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in yogurt and vanilla until consistency is spreadable. Is mixture is too thick to spread, thin down by adding light cream a few drops at a time, until desired spreading consistency is reached.
- Spread frosting on cooled cake and cut before serving.
- You can garnish the frosted cake with additional chopped nuts or diagonally sliced bananas.
- For a decadent version, drizzle hot fudge sauce over each frosted cake slice on individual dessert plates.
- This cake is also good for breakfast with tea or coffee.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of September 25, 2016 6:29 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: baking • Baking and Confections • banana • banana cake • banana cake recipes • banana dessert recipes • banana desserts • Banana Yogurt Cake • banana yogurt cake recipe • Cake • cake recipes • Cakes • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!