Banana Walnut Cake Recipe
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon banana essence
- 2-½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup half and half
- 3 large overipe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush a 13x9-inch cake pan with softened butter and line with baking paper. Brush paper with more butter. Set aside.
- Cream unsalted butter until creamy. Beat in confectioner’s sugar until mixuture is light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, vanilla and banana essence one at a time, beating well after each addition. Set aside.
- Combine together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Sift twice. Set aside.
- Stir together milk and half and half. Gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with flour mixture, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Fold in mashed bananas and 2/3 cup walnuts. Pour batter into prepared pan and smoothen top. Sprinkle top with remaining 1/3 cup walnuts.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until tester inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool cake in pan on a wire rack for 10 to 15 minutes. Turn cake out onto wire rack and peep off paper lining. Allow to cool completely. Chill, if desired. Cut cake before serving.
- If desired, frost cake before serving using your favorite cream cheese frosting or plain whipped cream sweetened with a little confectioners’ sugar. You may also prefer to frost cake slices individually just before serving.
- If bananas as really sweet, reduce sugar to ¾ to 2/3 cup, or as desired.
- For variety, you can choose to dust cake top with sifted cocoa right after taking out of the oven or drizzle with melted chocolate.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of January 23, 2017 4:22 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: baking • Baking and Confections • banana • banana cake • banana cake recipes • banana cakes • banana dessert recipes • banana desserts • banana walnut cake recipe • Cake • cake recipes • Cakes • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!