Banana Nut Bundt Cake
- ½ cup seedless raisins, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup corn oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups ripe bananas, coarsely mashed
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple (include syrup)
- ½ cup walnuts, lightly toasted and chopped
- ½ cup almonds, lightly toasted and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush a 10- to 12-cup Bundt pan with softened butter. Set aside.
- Soak raisins in rum for at least 20 minutes.
- Combine together flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg. Sift together. Set aside.
- Beat eggs until pale and frothy. Beat in corn oil, vanilla and almond extracts. Gradually beat in sifted flour mixture until just combined. Fold in pineapple with syrup and soaked raisins with rum.
- Combine together walnuts and almonds. Sprinkle about 2 to 3 tablespoons on the bottom and sides of Bundt pan. Fold remaining nuts into batter.
- Carefully spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake for 65 to 75 minutes or until tester inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool in pan for 8 to 10 minutes. Turn out onto wire rack and allow to cool completely. Chill, if desired. Cut into wedges before serving.
- After turning cake out onto wire rack, dust with confectioners’ sugar for a simple topping. Or, if desired, brush top and sides of cake with freshly-brewed espresso mixed with a little rum. Allow cake to absorb espresso mixture before refrigerating.
- Serve with fresh fruit slices or berries, if desired.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
The Mother Tongue: English and How it Got that Way
With dazzling wit and astonishing insight, Bill Bryson—the acclaimed author of The Lost Continent—brilliantly explores the remarkable history, eccentricities, resilience a... read more →
Prices are accurate as of December 3, 2016 10:20 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: Baking and Confections • banana • banana bundt cake • banana bundt cake recipes • banana cakes • banana desserts • Banana Nut Bundt Cake • banana recipes • bananas • bundt cake • bundt cake recipes • bundt cakes • Cake • cake recipes • Cakes • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!