Banana Chiffon Cake
- 6 large egg yolks
- 2/3 cup granulated white sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon banana essence
- 1 cup ripe bananas, mashed
- 1-½ cups cake flour, sifted
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 8 large egg whites
- Preheat oven to 340°F. Lightly brush a 12-inch tube pan with vegetable oil and dust with flour. Set aside.
- Beat egg yolks on medium-high speed until frothy and pale. Adjust speed to medium and beat in 1/3 of the sugar until fluffy. Beat in oil, water and banana essence one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in the mashed bananas.
- Combine together flour and baking powder. Sift once. Divide dry mixture into three equal portions. Sift one portion over banana mixture and fold in until just incorporated. Repeat with remaining flour, one portion at a time. Set aside.
- Beat egg whites on high speed until soft peaks form. Divide sugar in three portions and gradually beat into egg whites, one portion at a time. Continue beating until nearly stiff. Do not overbeat, otherwise, the whites will “break.”
- Fold 1/3 of the stiffly beaten egg whites into the banana mixture until blended and streaks are visible. Add this mixture into the remaining egg whites and gently fold until incorporated.
- Spoon batter into prepared tube pan. Gently tap pan on a counter to release any air pockets. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until tester inserted comes out clean.
- Invert tube pan onto the lip of a bottle and allow to book completely. Run a think knife around the sides of pan to loosen cake and cut into wedges. Frost as desired or serve as it is.
- To make a layered cake, use a serrated knife to cut cooled in cake in half horizontally into three parts fill with your favorite cake filling and reassemble layers. Frost as desired or pour honey syrup on top of cake, allowing any excess to run down the sides. Cut into wedges before serving.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of January 23, 2017 4:22 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: Baking and Confections • banana • banana cake • banana cake recipes • banana cakes • Banana Chiffon Cake • banana chiffon cake recipes • banana dessert recipes • banana desserts • Cake • cake recipes • Cakes • chiffon cake recipes • chiffon cakes • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!