- 2 large plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded and cut into ¼-inch thick wedges
- 1 large white onion, skinned and cut into ¼-inch thick wedges
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar, packed
- pinch of salt and pepper or to taste
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 loaf (about 12 ounces) French baguette, cut into ½-inch thick sliced
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- Combine together tomatoes, onion, basil, vinegar, light brown sugar, salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Toss lightly until well-blended. Set aside for 30 to 60 minutes to marinate.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Arrange bread slices on a baking sheet lightly brushed with olive oil. Brush remaining olive oil on bread slices. Bake for 3 minutes or until crispy and lightly browned. Remove from oven and transfer toasts onto wire racks to prevent further cooking.
- Spread cream cheese over toasts. Spoon marinated vegetables over cream cheese layer and sprinkle with chopped cilantro. Drizzle marinade over bruschetta and arrange on a platter. Serve immediately.
- You may add chopped chili peppers with vegetable mixture for added flavor. Other herbs such as fresh coriander leaves, sage, and rosemary may also be added.
- Julienned and seeded bell peppers can also be added to vegetable mixture. Roast peppers and peel before slicing.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of September 30, 2016 6:40 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: appetizer • appetizer recipes • appetizers • appetizers and snacks • Balsamic Bruschetta • Balsamic Bruschetta Recipe • Balsamic vinegar • bruschetta • bruschetta bread • bruschetta recipes • Recipes • Snack • snack recipes • snacks
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!