Baked Herb Cod
- 2 pounds cod fillets
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ½ cup white wine
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a 9x10 inch baking dish with melted butter. Set aside.
- Wash cod fillets in running water and pat dry with paper towels. Drizzle with lemon juice and sprinkle with 2 teaspoons salt. Set aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Combine together olive oil, garlic, parsley, thyme, basil, 1 teaspoon salt, ground pepper and paprika. Mix well until blended and transfer to a pie dish. Place a cod fillet onto the herb mixture and rub with fingers until coated. Repeat with remaining fillets.
- Arrange herb-coated fillets into prepared baking dish. Drizzle white wine evenly over each fillet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until fish is opaque and juices run clear. Serve warm.
- Makes 4 to 6 servings.
- Arrange a bed of lemon slices on prepared baking dish. Place coated cod fillets over lemon slices and bake as directed. You may also arrange pieces of vegetables around cod fillets in pan such as blanched asparagus spears or thinly-sliced mushrooms or black olives and bake as directed, adjusting baking time to 20 to 25 minutes. Serve vegetables as siding to baked cod fillets.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of September 28, 2016 6:36 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!