- 1-½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-¼ cups granulated white sugar
- pinch of coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1-½ cups sour cream
- ¼ cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Wrap the outside of a 9-inch springform pan with 3 layers of heavy-duty foil. Set aside.
- Combine together graham crumbs, light brown sugar, melted butter and rum extract. Stir together until well-blended and resembles a coarse meal. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan, being careful not to tear the foil wrapping.
- Bake in preheated oven for 5 to 8 minutes or until slightly browned. Remove pan from oven and allow to cool while filling is prepared.
- Beat cream cheese on low speed with paddle attachment until smooth and creamy. Add sugar and salt. Continue beating until mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in rum and vanilla extracts, beating well until fully incorporated. Add eggs one by one, beating well after each addition.
- Beat together sour cream and heavy cream until soft peaks form. Fold into cream cheese mixture. Spoon filling over pre-baked crust. Set springform pan into a large roasting pan and place on middle rack. Carefully pour enough boiling water into roasting pan to reach about 1 to 1-½ inches up the sides of foil-wrapped springform pan. Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 320°F. Continue baking for another 60 to 70 minutes or until top of cake is almost set.
- Turn oven off and partially open the door. Allow cake to cool inside the oven until completely cooled.
- Once cooled, remove springform pan from oven cover with plastic wrap or foil. Chill for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Beat together sour cream, confectioners’ sugar and vanilla until smooth and well-blended.
- Run a knife around the sides of pan, then carefully remove pan sides. Spread Sour Cream Topping over top of cake. Chill again, if desired, or cut into wedges and serve.
- You may also spoon some fruit or berry compote on top of cake just before serving.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
The Mother Tongue: English and How it Got that Way
With dazzling wit and astonishing insight, Bill Bryson—the acclaimed author of The Lost Continent—brilliantly explores the remarkable history, eccentricities, resilience a... read more →
Prices are accurate as of December 3, 2016 10:20 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!