Baked Apple Pie
- 1 (9-inch) store-bought pie shell, thawed
- 8 cups baking apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, diced and frozen
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roll out pre-made pastry dough and place over a 9-inch pie pan. Trim off any excess, leaving only about a ½-inch overhang. Prick dough bottom with fork tines. Chill until needed.
- Combine together apple slices, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and maple syrup. Lightly brush an 8-inch baking pan with unsalted butter. Spoon apple mixture into pan and bake for 30 minutes or until apples are half-cooked, stirring occasionally as you bake.
- Remove pan from oven. Increase oven temperature to 400°F.
- Allow baked apple filling to cool, about 30 minutes.
- While filling is cooling, combine together flour, sugar and salt in a food processor. Pulse for 1 minute until combined. Add half of the diced butter and pulse until clumpy. Add remaining diced butter and pulse until consistency is that of a coarse meal.
- Sprinkle streusel over warm filling.
- Bake pie at 400°F for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and loosely cover with foil. Adjust temperature to 325°F and continue baking for another 25 to 30 minutes or until crust is lightly browned and filling is tender and bubbly. Be sure to remove foil for the last 10 minutes of baking time.
- Allow pie to rest for at least 10 to 15 minutes before cutting. Serve warm or chilled.
- You may choose to use a double-crust pastry recipe or lattice the top pastry for variety. Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream, or cold with a drizzling of hot custard.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of September 25, 2016 6:29 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: apple • apple dessert recipes • apple desserts • apple pie • apple pie recipes • apple pies • apple recipes • apples • Baked Apple Pie • Baking and Confections • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • fruit pie • fruit pie recipes • fruit pies • fruit recipes • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!