Bacon Cheese Pinwheels
- 16 ounces (2 cans) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls, thawed
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup canned spaghetti or meat sauce
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1-½ cups Gruyere cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup baby spinach, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line baking sheets with waxed paper or lightly brush with melted butter. Set aside.
- Unroll thawed dinner rolls on a flat surface or cutting board. Brush with melted butter. Divide spaghetti sauce equally among each rectangle of dough and spread evenly. Sprinkle with bacon bits.
- Mix together Gruyere cheese, green onions, spinach, salt and pepper. Spread evenly over bacon layer.
- Roll dough, starting from the short side, pinching edges to seal. For flakier dough, wrap rolls in plastic wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour. However, step can be skipped.
- Place filled roll of dough on a cutting board. Cut into rounds, about ½-inch thick. Place pinwheels on prepared baking sheets, cut side down. Brush with remaining melted butter and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until edges begin to turn golden. Serve while warm.
- You may also use flour tortillas in place of dinner rolls. Warm tortillas in an oven or microwave until malleable enough to roll up. Follow the rest of the steps, however, cut down baking time to 10 to 12 minutes, as tortillas are ready to eat. You may even skip the baking process altogether and heat pinwheels in a microwave for 2 to 3 minutes on high or until heated through.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of October 26, 2016 8:17 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: appetizer • appetizer recipes • appetizers • appetizers and snacks • bacon • Bacon Cheese Pinwheels • Bacon Cheese Pinwheels Recipe • Cheese • pinwheel • pinwheel recipes • pinwheels • Recipes • Snack • snack recipes • snacks
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!