Bacon Cheddar Pinwheels
- 8 ounces refrigerated crescent dinner rolls, thawed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- ½ cup turkey bacon, cooked and chopped
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese, grated
- ½ cup Mozzarella cheese, coarsely shredded
- ¼ cup fresh chives, finely snipped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets baking paper and lightly brush with melted butter. Set aside.
- Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into two rectangles, and crimp the perforations to seal. This would prevent the dough from splitting when you begin slicing the rolls into pinwheels. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Whisk together ketchup, mayonnaise and mustard until well-blended. Whisk in beaten cream cheese.
- Lay a rectangle of dough on a flat work surface. Spread half of the cream cheese mixture evenly over the dough, making sure to spread all the way to the edges. Spread half of the chopped turkey bacon over cream cheese layer. Sprinkle with half the cheddar cheese, and half the Mozzarella on top. Scatter half the snipped chives over the Mozzarella layer.
- From the long end of the dough, roll up into a log, being careful not to roll up too tight or too lose. Cut each log into round about ½-inch thick. Each log should yield about 8 to 10 slices.
- Arrange pinwheels on prepared cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until exteriors of the pinwheels are lightly browned and cheese has melted. Remove cookie sheets from the oven and allow pinwheels to rest for 5 to 7 minutes, then, transfer onto wire racks to cool more, about 10 to 15 minutes. Serve warm or cooled.
- Aside from cheddar, you can also use other types of hard cheese that can be grated or shredded. Bacon can be replaced with ham, thin slices of prosciutto, shredded chicken meat, or even fleshy vegetables.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of January 17, 2017 4:03 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: appetizer • appetizer and snacks • appetizer recipes • appetizers • bacon • Bacon Cheddar Pinwheels • Bacon Cheddar Pinwheels Recipe • bacon pinwheels • bacon recipes • cheddar • cheddar recipes • Cheese • pinwheel • pinwheel recipes • pinwheels • Recipes • Snack • snack recipes • snacks
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!