Bacon Cheddar Crostini
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, coarsely shredded
- ½ cup jarred pimiento, drained and finely chopped
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- pinch of garlic powder and cayenne pepper
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 10 pieces hash brown patties
- 2/3 cup bacon bits, well-drained
- Combine together cheddar cheese, pimiento, mayonnaise, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne powder, salt and black pepper. Whisk together until well-blended. Chill for at least 4 hours, or overnight, if desired.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Arrange hash browns on cookie sheets lined with wax paper. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until crispy and golden. Remove cookie sheets from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Cut each hash brown in half, crosswise. Spread cheese pimiento mixture on one side of each hash brownie half. Sprinkle with bacon bits. If desired, bake for another 5 minutes at 350°F or until cheese has slightly melted. Serve while still warm.
- Baguette slices or any crusty bread can also be used in place of hash browns. If desired, beat in a few drops of tabasco or any hot sauce with cheese mixture before chilling. Chopped tomatoes may also be added as topping on each crostini. Just add them before serving to prevent too much liquid from tomatoes to seep into the crostini.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of September 29, 2016 6:39 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: appetizer • appetizer recipes • appetizers • appetizers and snacks • bacon • Bacon Cheddar Crostini • bacon cheddar crostini recipe • Baking and Confections • Cheese • crostini • crostini recipe • Pork • Recipes • Snack • snack recipes • snacks
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!