Bacon and Olive Canapés
- ½ cup ripe tomatoes, seeded and minced
- ½ cup hard-cooked eggs, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- ¼ cup pimiento stuffed olives, chopped
- ¼ bacon, cooked and crumbled
- pinch of pepper
- fine salt to taste
- 8 slices white bread, crusts trimmed
- Combine together tomatoes, eggs and basil leaves. Toss lightly to combine. Chill until needed.
- Combine together cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise in a bowl. Beat until smooth and creamy. Stir in olives, bacon bits, salt and pepper. Mix until well-blended. Chill, if desired.
- Just before serving, spread cream cheese mixture on one side of each bread slice. Spoon tomato-egg mixture over cream cheese layer on a slice of bread. Cover with another slice of bread, cream cheese side down. Press lightly for top layer to adhere to filling. Cut each sandwich into 4 triangles. Repeat with remaining bread and filling.
- If desired, bake in a preheated 375°F. oven to lightly toast canapés. Serve right away.
- If desired, lightly toast triangles just before serving. You may also use cucumber, radishes, pickles peppers, etc. in place of egg and tomatoes.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of October 20, 2016 7:46 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: appetizer • appetizer recipes • appetizers • appetizers and snacks • bacon • Bacon and Olive Canapés • Bacon and Olive Canapés Recipe • canape • canape recipes • canapes • olive • Recipes • Snack • snack recipes • snacks
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!