- 2/3 cup plain yogurt
- ½ cup cream cheese, softened
- 4 large ripe avocados, peeled and seeded and diced
- 3 small cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 to 4 teaspoons pickled jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped (or according to taste)
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon dried sage
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- Whisk together yogurt and cream cheese until smooth. Set aside.
- Combine avocadoes, garlic, basil leaves and jalapeño in a food processor. Pulse until reduced to a chunky blend. Add lime juice, salt, cumin, sage and black pepper. Pulse for another minute or two to blend the flavors. Add yogurt-cream cheese mixture and continue processing for another 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture is fully incorporated and resembles a smooth puree.
- Transfer into a dip bowl. Set bowl in a large platter and surround with baked tortilla, potato or kale chips, sliced vegetables or bread sticks.
- For variety, add a few drops tabasco sauce to dip while pulsing in the food processor. Turn off processor, stir in about ½ to 2/3 cup chopped tomatoes (seeded).
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of January 24, 2017 4:22 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: appetizer • appetizer recipes • appetizers • appetizers and snacks • Avocado • Avocado Dip • avocado dip recipe • avocado recipes • dip • dip recipes • dips • Fruit and Vegetable • Recipes • Sauces Dips Gravies and Toppings • Snack • snack recipes • snacks
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!