- 8 large avocado
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1/3 cup fresh garlic, minced
- ½ cup red onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon red chili flakes (or to taste)
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- ½ to ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 loaves (12 ounces each) French baguettes, each sliced into 12
- 2 cups ripe Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese, grated
- Split avocadoes and remove stones. Scoop out meat using a spoon and dice into ¼-inch x ¼-inch pieces. Drizzle with 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice and toss to mix. Set aside.
- Pour remaining lemon juice into a food processor. Add onions, red chili flakes, and fresh basil. Pulse until reduced to coarse mixture. Transfer into a bowl and mix in diced avocadoes.
- Brush olive oil on both sides of each baguette slice. Broil in a hot oven (about 400°F to 420°F) for about 5 minutes or until browned. Remove from oven and immediately spread with avocado mixture. Top with about 2 teaspoons chopped tomatoes and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve right away.
- You may also add chopped herbs to the salad topping for added texture and flavors.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
The Mother Tongue: English and How it Got that Way
With dazzling wit and astonishing insight, Bill Bryson—the acclaimed author of The Lost Continent—brilliantly explores the remarkable history, eccentricities, resilience a... read more →
Prices are accurate as of December 3, 2016 10:20 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: appetizer • appetizer recipes • appetizers • appetizers and snacks • Avocado • Avocado Bruschetta • avocado bruschetta recipe • bruschetta • bruschetta recipe • bruschetta recipes • Fruit and Vegetable • Recipes • Snack • snack recipes • snacks • Toast
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!