- 20 ounces fresh asparagus spears, tough parts removed
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 to 4 ounces sour cream, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons white onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon or orange juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- pinch of ground black pepper
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- Cook asparagus spears in boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Immediately remove from boiling water and plunge into cold water to stop the cooking. Roughly chop asparagus and set aside.
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, onion, lemon or orange juice, garlic, salt and pepper in a food processor. Pulse until blended. Add chopped asparagus and pulse until desired consistency is achieved. Shorter processing time means that dip is chunky. If you prefer a smooth dip, pulse for another 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture nearly resembles a puree.
- Spoon into a dip bowl and sprinkle with parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Make this dip a “meal” in itself by following the steps in processing cream cheese mixture. Spoon into a microwave-safe container or bowl. Add roughly chopped asparagus and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Microwave on high for 2 to 3 minutes or so until cheese is melted and “meal” is thoroughly heated. Serve with crusty bread slices as filling or topping.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of October 22, 2016 7:56 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: appetizer • appetizer dip • appetizer recipes • appetizers • appetizers and snacks • Asparagus • Asparagus Dip • asparagus dip recipe • dip • dip recipes • dips • Fruit and Vegetable • Recipes • Snack • snack recipes • snacks
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!