- 1 jar (15 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 medium-sized red bell pepper, roasted
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil + extra for brushing
- 16 slices rustic bread, cut to about ¾-inch thick
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh marjoram, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest, finely grated
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Coarsely chop drained artichoke hearts and roasted bell pepper. Set aside.
- Brush additional olive oil on both sides of the bread sliced. Toast in 350°F preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until crispy and lightly browned. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Once hot, sauté garlic until light brown and fragrant. Add chopped artichoke hearts and bell pepper. Continue cooking with constant stirring for another minute. Stir in capers, marjoram, parsley, salt and pepper. Stir for another minute. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and zest. Allow to cool slightly.
- Generously spread toasts with ricotta cheese. Spoon sautéed artichoke mixture over ricotta and sprinkle with grated Parmesan. Serve right away.
- Alternatively, slice garlic into slivers and rub over the cut sides of the bread slices as soon as they come out of the oven. Combine together artichoke hearts, bell pepper, herbs and spices. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to mix evenly. Set aside for at least 1 hour to allow flavors to meld. Follow the rest of the steps according to the recipe.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of January 17, 2017 4:03 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: appetizer • appetizers • appetizers and snacks • Artichoke • Artichoke Bruschetta • artichoke bruschetta recipe • bread appetizers • bruschetta • bruschetta appetizers • bruschetta recipes • Fruit and Vegetable • Snack • snacks
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!