Artichoke and Tomato Crostini
- 2 large Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 jar (12 ounces) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh mint, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large loaf French baguette, cut into ½-inch thick slices
- 2 to 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon Italian dried herb mixture
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine together tomatoes, artichokes, garlic, onion, basil, mint, salt and pepper in a medium-sized non-reactive bowl. Toss lightly to mix.
- Whisk together vinegar, wine and olive oil. Drizzle over tomato-artichoke mixture. Toss until well-blended. Refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours to fuse flavors.
- When topping is ready, preheat oven to 375°F.
- Arrange baguette slices on a cookie sheet. Brush with surfaces with melted butter.
- Mix together cheese, dried herb mixture, salt and pepper. Sprinkle over each slice and bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until crispy and golden.
- Top each bread slice with tomato-artichoke mixture and serve immediately.
- You may also use toast points or ciabatta squares as base in place of baguette.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of September 30, 2016 6:40 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: appetizer • appetizer recipes • appetizers • appetizers and snacks • Artichoke • Artichoke and Tomato Crostini • Artichoke and Tomato Crostini Recipe • crostini • crostini recipes • Fruit and Vegetable • Recipes • Snack • snack recipes • snacks • Tomato
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!