Artichoke and Spinach Dip
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- ½ cup red onion, chopped
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) artichoke hearts, well-drained and chopped
- 2 bunches (about 12 ounces each) fresh spinach, picked and leaves chopped
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1-½ teaspoons coarse salt
- 1-¼ cups half and half
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup light sour cream
- 1-1/3 cups parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Pour olive oil in a saucepan and set over medium heat. When oil is hot enough, sauté garlic for 1 to 2 minutes or until fragrant but not browned. Stir in onions and continue sautéing for another 3 to 4 minutes, until onion pieces are transparent. Add chopped artichoke hearts and give it a few quick stirs.
- Squeeze or wring out excess moisture from spinach leaves and add to pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour half and half into pan while stirring continuously to prevent it from curdling. Stir in softened cream cheese, sour cream and Parmesan cheese. Reduce heat to low once mixture is heating up and cream cheese starts to melt. Continue stirring to avoid dip from sticking onto the bottom of pan.
- Continue cooking over low heat until creamy and thickened, about 2 to 4 minutes more. Adjust salt and pepper, if needed.
- Remove pan from heat. Spoon dip into a bowl and serve with baked tortilla chips, slices of crusty bread or crackers.
- If using frozen spinach, thaw and rain well before using. Excess liquid would yield in a runny dip, despite the thickeners present in cream and cheese.
- For a vegan version, replace half and half with soy milk, and substitute cream cheese with finely grated soy cheese.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
The Mother Tongue: English and How it Got that Way
With dazzling wit and astonishing insight, Bill Bryson—the acclaimed author of The Lost Continent—brilliantly explores the remarkable history, eccentricities, resilience a... read more →
Prices are accurate as of December 3, 2016 10:20 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: appetizer and snacks • appetizer recipes • appetizers • Artichike and Spinach Dip Recipe • Artichoke • Artichoke and Spinach Dip • dip • dip recipes • dips • Fruit and Vegetable • Recipes • snack recipes • snacks • Spinach
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!