Apple Walnut Bundt Cake
- 2 cups sweet baking apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- 2-¼ cups light brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup corn oil
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup apple juice
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1-½ cups walnuts, lightly toasted and coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush a 10- or 12-cup Bundt pan with melted butter and generously dust with flour. Set aside.
- Place diced apples in a medium-sized bowl. Drizzle with lemon juice and toss to prevent the apples from browning. Sprinkle with dark brown sugar and cinnamon. Toss lightly until coated. Set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of this mixture over the apples. Toss to coat. This would prevent the apples from sinking to the bottom of pan during baking. Set remaining flour mixture aside.
- Set mixer to high speed. Beat together light brown sugar, corn oil, butter, apple juice, vanilla and eggs until smooth and well-blended. Adjust speed to low and gradually add sifted flour mixture while beating, until just incorporated. Fold in coated diced apples and chopped walnuts.
- Pour into prepared Bundt pan and smoothen top. Bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until tested inserted comes out clean and sides are separated from pan. Allow to cool in pan for 10 to 15 minutes, then turn out onto wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice into wedges before serving.
- If desired, frost with sweetened whipped cream or your special cream cheese icing/topping. For a simple topping, combine 1 cup confectioners’ sugar and 1 to 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Dust over warm cake before allowing to cool completely. Serve with fresh berries or fruit slices, if desired.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of October 24, 2016 8:08 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: apple • apple bundt cake • apple desserts • apple recipes • Apple Walnut Bundt Cake • apples • baking • Baking and Confections • bundt cake • bundt cake recipes • bundt cakes • Cake • cake recipes • Cakes • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!