Apple Strawberry Crostini
- 1 loaf sourdough bread, sliced thinly
- olive oil, for brushing
- ¼ cup rum
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoons granulated white sugar (optional)
- 1 punnet (about 8 to 10 ounces) strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced
- 1 large or 2 medium-sized apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 to 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, softened
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Combine together rum, apple cider vinegar and sugar in a pan. Cook over medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes or until thickened. Pour over strawberries and set aside for at least 30 minutes or until cooled. Drizzle apples with lemon juice and mix into the strawberries for the last 5 minutes of maceration.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brush both sides of each sourdough bread slice with olive oil. Arrange on cookie sheets and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until crispy and lightly golden. Remove from oven and set aside until just warm.
- Spread softened mascarpone over warm toasts. Spoon strawberry-apple mixture over every bread slice and arrange on a serving platter. If desired, dust confectioners’ sugar over crostini before serving.
- If using frozen strawberries, thaw and drain berries thoroughly before using. Excess moisture will cause crostini to be soggy. You may also use Brie in place of mascarpone and top with chopped nuts for added texture.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of January 23, 2017 4:22 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: appetizer • appetizer recipes • appetizers • apple • apple appetizers • apple recipes • apple snacks • Apple Strawberry Crostini • Cooking • crostini • crostini recipes • Fruits and Vegetables • Garden strawberry • Recipes • Snack • snack recipes • snacks • Toast
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!