Apple Smoothie Recipe
- 3 cups fresh apples, peeled, cored and cubed
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
- 1 cup apple juice or cider
- ¼ cup honey, or to taste
- 1 cup plain or vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, lightly toasted and chopped
- Place cubed apples and pineapple chunks in a blender. Pulse for 30 seconds to chop. In a steady stream, gradually pour in apple juice or cider while the blender is running, until mixture is smooth and free of lumps, about 3 minutes. Add honey, yogurt, crushed ice and chopped nuts. Continue processing for another one to two minutes or until well-blended.
- Pour mixture over glasses. If desired, top with additional thin slices of apples and pineapples. Serve right away.
- Makes 2 to 4 servings.
- If using canned pineapple, drain and reserve syrup. Pour syrup in a measuring cup and add just enough apple juice or cider to make 1 cup. Adjust honey or sweetener accordingly.
- For variation, you can omit nuts and replace with 2 tablespoons rice crispies. Do not add rice crispies into the blender. Instead, sprinkle them on top of each glass of smoothie just before serving.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Death in Holy Orders (Adam Dalgliesh Mysteries Book 11)
From the award-winning master of literary crime fiction, a classic work rich in tense drama and psychological insight.On the East Anglian seacoast, a small theological college... read more →
Prices are accurate as of January 18, 2017 4:04 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: apple • apple recipes • Apple Smoothie • Apple Smoothie Recipe • Beverage • beverage recipes • Beverages • drink • drink recipes • drinks • fruit smoothie recipes • fruit smoothies • Recipes • smoothie • smoothie recipes • smoothies
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!