Apple Rum Ice Cream
The sweet rum in the recipe enhances the apple’s natural flavor without an alcohol content.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole or 2% milk
- ¼ cup sweet rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup plus one tablespoon brown sugar, unpacked
- 1 cup apple butter, packed and room temperature
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- For best results, place your ice cream maker’s freezer tub in your freezer overnight. The rum and butter content of this recipe creates a soft, loose ice cream and freezing the tub will give it a firmer texture.
- Over medium heat, combine heavy cream, whole milk, sweet rum and vanilla extract. Slowly stir in brown sugar, continuously stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in apple butter and cinnamon. Allow to simmer for 5-7 minutes, or until the edges start to lightly bubble. Remove from heat.
- Refrigerate ice cream mixture overnight. Once chilled, remove the freezer tub and pour the cream mixture directly inside the cold tub.
- Follow your maker’s instructions for making homemade ice cream.
- For a firmer Apple Rum Ice Cream, omit the apple butter and replace it with either ¾ cup apple sauce or you can substitute it with ½ cup apple cider!
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of January 17, 2017 4:03 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: apple • Apple Rum Ice Cream • Apple Rum Ice Cream Recipe • Baking and Confections • dessert recipes • Desserts • Frozen • frozen dessert recipes • frozen desserts • ice cream • ice cream recipes • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!