Apple Pumpkin Autumn French Toast
- 2 to 3 cups bread cubes (about 1-inch cubes)
- 1 cup baking apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup pumpkin, pureed
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 to 3 tablespoons pumpkin butter, softened
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of grated nutmeg
- Pinch of ground cloves
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ to 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed (for topping)
- ½ cup walnuts, lightly toasted and chopped
- Maple, or chocolate or any pancake syrup of your choice
- Brush the bottom and sides of a 10-inch springform pan. Cut out a two sheets of foil and lay on top of each other. Use to wrap the bottom of pan to prevent any liquid from seeping through. Set aside.
- Toss together bread cubes and diced apples to combine. Spread mixture into prepared pan. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs until frothy and lemon-colored. Beat in buttermilk until blended. Add pumpkin puree, orange juice, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt. Continue whisking until all ingredients are completely incorporated. Pour over bread and apple mixture.
- Cover pan with another sheet of foil. Store in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next morning, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Take the pan out the refrigerator and remove foil cover. Brush top of bread mixture with softened butter. Sprinkle with light brown sugar and chopped walnuts. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden and tester inserted comes out clean.
- Allow baked toast to rest in pan for 5 minutes. Run a thin knife around the edges of pan and carefully remove the sides. Allow to cool on a wire rack until warm. Carefully transfer onto a serving plate. Slice before serving. Drizzle each serving with maple syrup or chocolate syrup, or any topping of your choice.
- Makes 4 to 6 servings.
- If fresh pumpkin is not available, you can use canned pumpkin puree.
- Fresh fruit slices or fresh berries are also good accompaniments to this breakfast dish.
- If you are to serve this recipe for brunch, top with whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla or chocolate ice cream.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of December 7, 2016 10:41 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: apple • Apple Pumpkin Autumn French Toast • Apple Pumpkin Autumn French Toast Recipe • breakfast • breakfast recipes • brunch • brunch recipes • french toast • french toast recipes • Fruit and Vegetable • Pumpkin • Pumpkin and Squash • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!