Apple Pound Cake
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped (divided)
- 3-¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- ¼ teaspoon cloves, ground
- 2 cups light brown sugar, firmly packed
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup canola or any other flavorless oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons rum or brandy
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups baking apples, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- 1-1/3 cups light brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup unsalted butter, chopped
- 1/3 cup honey
- ¼ cup apple cider
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush a 12-cup Bundt or tube pan with vegetable oil and dust with flour. Tap out any excess. Sprinkle about ¼ to 1/3 cup walnuts onto the bottom pan. Set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, apple pie spice, cinnamon and cloves. Set aside.
- Set mixer speed to medium. Beat together light brown sugar, applesauce, oil, honey, rum or brandy and eggs. Beat for another 2 minutes or until well-blended.
- Remove bowl from mixer. Gradually mix in flour mixture into wet ingredients using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula. Mix until dry ingredients are just moistened. Fold in remaining walnuts and all of the chopped apples.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until tester comes out clean. Cool cake in pan for 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer onto a wire rack lined with baking or parchment paper.
- Place sugar, butter, honey, apple cider and milk in a saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, with constant stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes or until thick. Remove from heat.
- Poke warm cake with a skewer and spoon our pour glaze over, allowing any excess to run down the sides of cake. Allow to cool slightly and transfer cake onto a serving dish.
- Alternatively, place warm cake on a serving plate or tray and pour glaze all over. Cut into wedges before serving. Serve either warm or cooled with your favorite ice cream.
- Pound cake recipe can also be baked in two 8.5x4.5x2.5-inch loaf pans or a 14-cup tube pan.
- You can omit the glaze and use your own favorite cake sauce recipe or serve cake warm topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of October 22, 2016 7:56 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: apple • apple cake • apple cake recipes • apple cakes • Apple Pound Cake • apple pound cake recipe • baking • Baking and Confections • Cake • cake recipes • Cakes • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Pound cake • pound cake recipes • pound cakes • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!