Apple Pound Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cake flour, sifted
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups granulated white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 4 large eggs
- 5 large apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced (about 1/8- to ¼-inch wedges)
- 2/3 cup pecans, lightly toasted and chopped
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- pinch of ground cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously brush a 12-cup Bundt pan with melted butter. Dust with flour. Tap out any excess.
- Combine together flours, baking powder, white sugar, vanilla, butter, orange juice, lemon juice and run extract on low speed until just combined. Break eggs in a separate bowl and beat until frothy and pale. Gradually pour into flour mixture while beating. Set aside.
- Spread a handful of apple slices and half of the chopped nuts on the base of pan.
- Combine together light brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cayenne pepper. Sprinkle 1 to 2 tablespoons over apple slices. Cover with 1/3 of the batter. Cover batter with another handful or two of the apples and remaining nuts. Repeat layers until all ingredients are used, ending with batter.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until tester inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes. Turn out onto wire rack and allow to cool completely. Slice before serving.
- For variety, use two 7x10x3-inch loaf pans, sprinkling nuts on top of batter instead of the base of pan. You may also turn this into a sheet cake by using a rectangular 13x9-inch pan, and cut into squares. Drizzle top with cream cheese frosting, if desired.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of October 27, 2016 8:23 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: apple • apple cake • apple cake recipes • apple cakes • apple desserts • Apple Pound Cake • apple recipes • apples • baking • Baking and Confections • Cake • cake recipes • Cakes • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Pound cake • pound cake recipes • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!