Apple Pork Bruschetta
- 2 loaves (about 12 ounces) French baguette, diagonally sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
- ¼ to 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 cups apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chives, finely snipped
- 3 tablespoon fresh basil, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- ½ pound smoked pork loin (such as Canadian-style bacon), sliced into thin rounds
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Brush both sides of each baguette slice with olive oil and arrange on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until crispy and lightly browned. Remove baking sheets from oven and allow toasts to cool until just warm to the touch. Rub each with garlic and set aside.
- Combine together apples, lemon juice, chives, basil and honey. Toss until well mixed. Set aside.
- Spread softened cream cheese on one side of each toast. Place a slice or two of smoked pork loin over cream cheese. Top with about 1 tablespoon apple mixture. Repeat procedure with remaining ingredients. Arrange on a tray or serving platter. Serve right away.
- You may also use ½ pound lean ground pork sautéed in a little of the olive oil with the apples, lemon juice, herbs and honey instead of the smoked loin.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of October 25, 2016 8:10 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: appetizer • appetizer recipes • appetizers • appetizers and snacks • apple • Apple Pork Bruschetta • Apple Pork Bruschetta Recipe • bruschetta • bruschetta bread • bruschetta recipes • meat • Pork • Recipes • Snack • snack recipes • snacks
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!