Apple Peach Pie
- 2-½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cubed and frozen
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 to ½ cup ice water
- 3 cups tart apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 3 cups peaches, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, diced
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- Combine together flour, sugar and salt. Cut in butter cubes using a pastry blender or two knives. You can also use your hands to mix the flour and butter together, unless consistency resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir together apple cider vinegar and 3 tablespoons ice water. Gradually drizzle over flour mixture, about 1 tablespoon at a time, stirring with a fork to blend. Gather dough into ball, drizzling with additional water as needed.
- Roll dough into a ball and divide into 2 portions. Wrap each ball of dough in plastic for at least 30 minutes before using.
- After 30 minutes, take 1 portion of the refrigerator and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Remove plastic wrap. Roll dough out onto a floured board to about 12 inches in diameter. Carefully place over a 9-inch pie pan. Trim off any excess dough, leaving only an overhang of about 1 inch all around. Prick bottom of dough with fork tines to allow steam to escape.
- Chill bottom dough until needed. Roll out the other ball of dough into a 12-inch circle. Sandwich between 2 sheets of plastic wrap or waxed paper. Chill until needed.
- Combine apple slices, peach slices, honey, lemon juice, apple juice, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl. Toss gently until blended. Sprinkle flour over fruit mixture and toss again.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Take chilled bottom crust out of the refrigerator. Spoon prepared filling into bottom crust and dot with diced butter. Cover with roll out top crust, trimming any excess. Fold top crust under bottom crust and crimp to seal. Use kitchen shears or a sharp knife to make slits on top crust allow steam to escape.
- Beat egg white until frothy. Brush over top crust. Sprinkle with light brown sugar.
- Bake pie at 400°F for 15 to 20 minutes. Without taking pie out of the oven, reduce temperature to 350°F and continue baking for another 30 to 40 minutes or until fruit filling is tender when tested and crust a golden-brown.
- Remove pie from oven and allow to cool for 15 to 20 minutes before cutting. If desired, allow to cool completely and chill before serving.
- Top each slice of pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzle with crème anglaise.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Death in Holy Orders (Adam Dalgliesh Mysteries Book 11)
From the award-winning master of literary crime fiction, a classic work rich in tense drama and psychological insight.On the East Anglian seacoast, a small theological college... read more →
Prices are accurate as of January 18, 2017 4:04 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: apple • apple dessert recipes • apple desserts • Apple Peach Pie • apple pie • apple pie recipes • apple pies • apple recipes • apples • Baking and Confections • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • fruit pie • fruit pie recipes • fruit pies • fruit recipes • peach desserts • peach recipes • peaches • pie • pie recipes • pies • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!