Apple Lemon Green Smoothie
- 1 head broccoli, separated into florets
- 2 large apples, peeled (if desired), cored and diced
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons sugar (optional)
- 2 large bananas, peeled and cut up
- 1 cup banana-flavored yogurt, chilled
- ½ cup milk, chilled
- Add broccoli florets to a pot of boiling water with 1 teaspoon salt. Cook, uncovered, for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender-crisp. Do not overcook. Remove broccoli with a slotted spoon and plunge into an ice water bath to stop the cooking process.
- Place broccoli in a blender together with the apples, orange juice, lemon juice, zest and sugar. Pulse until reduced to a puree, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add banana slices, yogurt and milk. Process for another minute or two until well-blended and smooth.
- Pour equally into 2 to 3 glasses and serve right away.
- For more veggie ideas, used canned artichoke hearts, well-drained and chopped in place of broccoli. Other fruits such as pineapple, mangoes, peaches or pears may also be added to this mix, as well as berries in season.
- For lactose intolerant individuals, omit milk and increase yogurt to 1-½ cups or use other substitutes such as soy or almond milk.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of December 10, 2016 1:02 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: apple • Apple Lemon Green Smoothie • Apple Lemon Green Smoothie Recipe • Beverages • drink • drink recipes • drinks • green smoothie • green smoothie recipes • green smoothies • Recipes • smoothie • smoothie recipe • smoothies
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!