Apple Cream Cheese Pie
- 1 store-bought (9-inch) pastry shell
- 1 cups baking apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ½ teaspoon mace
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup almonds, toasted and slivered
- 2/3 cup granulated white sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a 9-inch pie dish with the rolled pastry shell. Prick bottom of shell with fork tines. Chill until needed.
- Toss together apple slices, mace, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Spoon into prepared pastry shell. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
- Cream together granulated sugar, cream cheese and salt until smooth and creamy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in cream, milk, vanilla and almond extract. Gently pour over partially baked apples in pie shell.
- Return pie pan to oven and bake for another 40 to 50 minutes or until cream cheese layer is set.
- Once done, remove pie from oven and allow to rest for 5 to 10 minutes before cutting. Serve warm or chilled.
- Whip cream with a little confectioners’ sugar and vanilla. Pipe into rosettes over pie top and drizzle with warmed apple preserves before cutting.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of December 7, 2016 10:41 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: Apple Cream Cheese Pie • apple desserts • apple pie • apple pie recipes • apple recipes • Baking and Confections • Cream cheese • cream cheese apple pie • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • pie • pie recipes • pies
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!