Apple Cinnamon Ice Cream
This homemade ice cream is a perfect fall dessert, combining favorite flavors and scents of apple and cinnamon.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup apple sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 5 egg yolks, beaten until creamy
- Over medium heat, bring together heavy cream and brown sugar, stirring continuously until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Reduce heat to low and add in apple sauce. Allow to simmer for 5-6 minutes to combine the flavors. Remove from heat.
- Slowly pour 1/3 of the hot apple sauce mixture into the eggs, whisking continuously to avoid cooking the egg yolks. Once thoroughly combined, pour the egg yolk mixture into the apple sauce mixture and mix well.
- Refrigerate overnight or at least eight hours. Once chilled, pour into your ice cream maker’s freezer compartment and churn according to the maker’s normal instructions.
- For a chunky, less sweet, apple cinnamon ice cream, substitute the apple sauce for 2 of your favorite apples, peeled and diced into bite sized cubes. Increase the cinnamon to 1 tablespoon and cook the apples and the cinnamon over low heat for 15-20 minutes before adding in the heavy cream.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of December 7, 2016 10:41 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: apple • Apple Cinnamon Ice Cream • Apple Cinnamon Ice Cream Recipe • Baking and Confections • dessert recipes • Desserts • Food • Frozen • homemade ice cream • ice cream • ice cream recipes • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!