- 1-½ cups gingersnap cookie crumbs
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 to 5 large tart baking apples
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup light brown sugar, loosely packed
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated white sugar
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush a 10-inch spring form pan with melted unsalted butter. Line bottom of pan with baking paper. Line sides of pan with a 2-inch wide strip of waxed paper. Brush paper lining with a little melted butter. Set aside.
- Combine together gingersnap cookie crumbs, light brown sugar, cinnamon and melted butter. Mix well until it resembles coarse crumbs. Press onto the bottom and about 1 inch up the sides of prepared springform pan. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove pan from oven and side aside until needed. Do not turn off oven.
- Wash apples under running water and pat dry with paper towels. Peel skin and remove core. Cut into 1/8-inch thick slices. Drizzle with lemon juice to prevent slices from browning. Sprinkle with light brown sugar, lemon zest, cinnamon and nutmeg. Toss lightly until coated.
- Arrange coated apples over pre-baked crust. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese over low speed until creamy and smooth. Beat in sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in whipping cream, sour cream and vanilla. Beat in eggs one at a time, beating until well-blended after each.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over apples and smoothen top.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until center of cake is nearly set but still moist. Tester inserted should come out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 to 15 minutes. Run a thin knife around sides of pan to loosen. Allow to cool completely, about 1 to 1-½ hours. Cover pan with plastic wrap and chill for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- When cake is ready to serve, remove sides of pan and peel off paper. Carefully slide cake onto a serving platter, removing paper lining as you go. Cut cake into wedges before serving.
- Drizzle each cheesecake wedge with warm caramel sauce, if desired, or serve with whipped cream and fresh fruit or berries.
- If apples are not too ripe, you can opt to place coated apples in a pan set over medium-low heat. Drizzle with a few drops of water, cover and cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until tender. Allow to cool until just lukewarm before spreading over pre-baked crust.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of September 28, 2016 6:36 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: apple • Apple Cheesecake • apple cheesecake recipe • apple desserts • apple recipes • apples • appple cheesecakes • baking • Baking and Confections • Cheesecake • cheesecake recipes • cheesecakes • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!