- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon whole anise seeds
- 1 tablespoon anise liqueur
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 2 large eggs
- 1-2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ cups hazelnuts, lightly toasted and chopped
- granulated white sugar (for sprinkling)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with baking paper. Set aside.
- Beat together sugar and butter until smooth. Beat in anise seeds, anise liqueur and rum. Beat eggs in a separate bowl. Beat into the butter mixture until incorporated. Set aside.
- Combine together flour and baking powder. Sift together. Mix in chopped hazelnuts. Make a well in the center and pour in wet mixture. Carefully stir until combined and forms a dough.
- With floured hands, form dough into a ball and divide equally into two. Form each half into logs. That should be about 2 to 3 logs, depending on the size of your cookie sheet. The length should be an inch or two shorter than the length of the cookie sheet used. Place two logs parallel on the cookie sheet. You may need to use more than one sheet.
- Sprinkle or roll logs in granulated white sugar. Bake logs for about 15 to 20 minutes or until firm enough to slice. Remove cookie sheet(s) from oven and allow to cool until just warm enough to handle.
- Diagonally slice each log into ½-inch pieces. Lay out the slices on paper-lined cookie sheets, making sure pieces do not overlap each other. Bake slices for another 15 to 20 minutes, turning biscotti over halfway through the baking time or until desired crispness and crunchiness is achieved. Remove from oven and allow biscotti to cool completely before serving. Store any leftovers in airtight containers.
- Biscotti is a great accompaniment for coffee or any warm drink, however, these cookies can also be served by themselves. Dip in caramel or chocolate, if desired.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Death in Holy Orders (Adam Dalgliesh Mysteries Book 11)
From the award-winning master of literary crime fiction, a classic work rich in tense drama and psychological insight.On the East Anglian seacoast, a small theological college... read more →
Prices are accurate as of January 18, 2017 4:04 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: Anise Biscotti • anise biscotti recipe • anise dessert recipes • anise recipes • Baked Goods • baking • Baking and Confections • biscotti • Biscotti and Italian • biscotti recipes • Cookie • cookie recipes • cookies • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!