- 1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1 cup almonds, lightly toasted and finely ground
- ¼ cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Amaretto liqueur
- pinch of coarse salt
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-½ cups granulated white sugar
- ½ cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Amaretto
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 16 ounces sour cream (about 2 cups)
- ¼ cup granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon Amaretto
- ¼ cup almond slivers, lightly toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 10-inch springform pan with melted unsalted butter or cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine together vanilla wafer crumbs, ground almonds, light brown sugar, melted butter, Amaretto and salt. Mix until well blended and resembles coarse crumbs. Press onto the bottom, and if desired, about 1 to 1-½ inches up the sides of springform pan. Chill until needed.
- Beat cream cheese over low speed until smooth and creamy. Increase speed to medium. Add sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy, scraping down the sides of bowl, as needed. Beat in sour cream until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in Amaretto and vanilla.
- Whip cream until doubled in volume and soft peaks form. Fold into cream cheese mixture. Transfer batter into prepared crust.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until center is nearly set but still moist and tester inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to stand for 5 minutes. Do not turn oven off.
- Beat together sour cream, sugar and Amaretto. Spoon over top of cheesecake and spread evenly to cover. Sprinkle with almond slivers. Return pan to oven and bake for another 5 to 7 minutes or until almonds are lightly golden and sour cream topping is set.
- Remove pan from oven and cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 to 15 minutes. Run a knife around the sides of pan to loosen. Allow to cool for another 60 to 70 minutes. Chill for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, remove sides of pan and use a thin metal spatula to loosen cake from bottom of pan. Transfer to a serving platter and cut into wedges before serving.
- If desired, drizzle warm caramel or chocolate sauce over each cheesecake wedge before serving.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
The Mother Tongue: English and How it Got that Way
With dazzling wit and astonishing insight, Bill Bryson—the acclaimed author of The Lost Continent—brilliantly explores the remarkable history, eccentricities, resilience a... read more →
Prices are accurate as of December 3, 2016 10:20 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: Almond • Almond Cheesecake • almond cheesecake recipe • almond deserts • almond recipes • baking • Baking and Confections • Cheesecake • cheesecake recipe • cheesecake recipes • cheesecakes • Cream cheese • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!