Almond Butter cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup shortening
- 3 ounces almond paste
- ½ cup white granulated sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar, loosely packed
- 1 medium-sized egg
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
- Cream together butter and shortening. Add almond paste, white sugar and light brown sugar. Beat until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Add almond and vanilla extracts. Add sifted dry ingredients in batches, beating until just incorporated.
- Roll mixture into 1-inch balls. Arrange over ungreased cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart. Flatten with the base of a glass coated with sugar. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly golden. Allow to cool on cookie sheet for 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer onto wire racks and allow to cool completely. Store leftovers in an airtight container.
- If desired, press slivers of almonds over cookies before baking. You may also choose to sprinkle tops with sugar-cinnamon mixture.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Death in Holy Orders (Adam Dalgliesh Mysteries Book 11)
From the award-winning master of literary crime fiction, a classic work rich in tense drama and psychological insight.On the East Anglian seacoast, a small theological college... read more →
Prices are accurate as of January 18, 2017 4:04 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: Almond • almond butter cookie recipes • Almond Butter cookies • almond cookies • almond desserts • almond recipess • baking • Baking and Confections • Butter • butter cookie recipes • butter cookies • Cookie • cookie recipes • cookies • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!