Almond Bundt Cake
- ½ cup demerara brown sugar
- ½ cup almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1- ¼ cups light brown sugar, packed
- 4 large eggs
- 1 container (12.5 ounces) almond filling
- 2-½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1-½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- ¼ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously brush a 10- or 12-cup Bundt pan with melted butter.
- Combine together demerara sugar and chopped almonds. Sprinkle on the bottom and up the sides of Bundt pan. Set aside.
- Beat together unsalted butter and light brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in almond filling.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Alternately add sifted flour mixture with milk to butter-egg mixture, beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Beat until just incorporated.
- Gently spoon cake batter into prepared pan, being careful not to dislodge chopped almonds and demerara on the sides of pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 55 to 60 minutes, or until tester inserted comes out with very few crumbs attached. Cool in pan for about 10 minutes. Invert cake onto wire rack and allow to cool completely. Chill, if desired. Cut into wedges before serving.
- If desired, make a thin sugar icing by mixing together 1-½ confectioners’ sugar, ¼ cup cold milk and 1 teaspoon almond extract until well-blended and runny. Spoon over top of cake or drizzle over cake wedges before serving.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of January 24, 2017 4:22 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: Almond Bundt Cake • almond bundt cake recipe • almond cakes • almond desserts • almond recipes • almonds • Baking and Confections • bundt cake recipes • bundt cakes • Cake • cake recipes • Cakes • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!