- ½ cup almonds, lightly toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a rimmed cookie sheet with baking paper. Set aside.
- Beat eggs until frothy and pale. Beat in milk, vanilla and almond extract. Set aside.
- Combine together flour, light brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix in almonds. Make a well in the center and our in egg mixture. Stir until combined and mixture forms a dough. If dough is too tough to handle, drizzle a few drops of water or milk.
- Form dough into two and form each half into logs, about 5 inches long and 3 inches wide. Place logs on prepared cookie sheet and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until firm. Remove from oven and transfer logs to a wire rack. Allow to cool for 10 to 15 minutes or until just warm enough to handle.
- Place one baked log onto a cutting board. Diagonally cut the log into ½-inch thick pieces. Return slices to cookie sheet and bake for another 8 to 10 minutes. Turn biscotti slices over and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer biscotti onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely. Dip in melted chocolate, if desired.
- For crunchier biscotti, increase baking time of slices to 15 to 20 minutes. Loosely cover cookie sheet with foil, if desired, to keep biscotti slices from browning too much.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of January 24, 2017 4:22 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: Almond • Almond Biscotti • almond biscotti recipe • almond dessert recipes • almond recipes • Baked Goods • baking • Baking and Confections • biscotti • biscotti recipes • cookie recipes • cookies • Dessert • dessert recipes • Desserts • Nuts and Seeds • Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!