Almond Bacon Crostini
- 1/3 cup chives, finely snipped
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 loaf (about 1 pound) French bread baguette, cut diagonally into 25 to 30 slices
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup almonds, toasted and finely chopped
- 8 strips bacon rashers, cooked and finely chopped
- ½ cup white onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Amaretto (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a cookie or baking sheet with waxed paper or lightly coat with vegetable cooking spray.
- Sprinkle chives over melted butter and stir until combined. Brush both sides of each baguette slice with chives-butter mixture. Arrange on prepared cookie sheets and bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until crispy and golden. Remove cookies sheets from oven and set aside.
- Lower oven temperature to 375°F.
- Beat together mayonnaise, almonds, bacon bits, onion, Amaretto (if using), salt and pepper. Top each toasted baguette slice with this mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella on top. Bake for another 10 minutes or until cheese has melted. Serve while still warm.
- If desired, replace unsalted butter and chives mixture with softened cream cheese, applying it on only one side of each baguette slice. Mozzarella can be replaced with quick-melting cheddar cheese. Almonds may be substituted with hazelnuts or cashew nuts for a different flavor. Ham or shredded cooked chicken can be used as replacement for bacon.
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of September 25, 2016 6:29 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: Almond • Almond Bacon Crostini • almond bacon crostini recipe • appetizer • appetizer recipes • appetizers • appetizers and snacks • bacon • crostini • crostini recipes • Recipes • Snack • snack recipes • snacks
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!