Afternoon Tea Sandwiches
- 1 pound chicken breasts, skin and bones removed
- 2 cups water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- pinch of ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- ¾ cup fresh celery stalks, diced
- ½ cup red onions, minced
- ¼ cup sweet pickle relish, drained
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- few drops fresh lemon juice
- 14 to 16 slices white bread, crusts trimmed
- Score chicken breast with a sharp knife. Cook in water with salt and pepper until fork tender, about 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from broth with a pair of tongs. Reserve broth for other uses.
- Shred or chop cooked chicken breast. Set aside.
- Mix together mayonnaise, celery, onions, pickle relish, mustard and lemon juice. Add shredded chicken. Toss lightly until well-blended.
- Spread chicken mixture on one side of each bread slice. Press together two bread slices, with the chicken mixture in between. Cut each sandwich crosswise to make two small rectangular sandwiches. Serve right away.
- You may also use smoked salmon, cooked turkey or beef tips in this recipe
Bestselling Products on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of January 23, 2017 4:22 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Tagged with: Afternoon Tea Sandwiches • Afternoon Tea Sandwiches Recipe • appetizer • appetizer recipes • appetizers • Finger • finger sandwich • finger sandwich recipes • finger sandwiches • Recipes • Sandwiches • Snack • snack recipes • snacks • snacks and appetizers • Tea • tea sandwich • tea sandwich recipes • tea sandwiches
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!